Jessica's Adventures in the Philippines

....................................................................................................................................................

Friday, August 6, 2010

So Long, Farewell...

I will be heading home tomorrow.  Life has been moving quickly these last couple of days...I honestly can't wait for my over-24hours of travel just so I have some time alone to process these things.

I want to thank you all for following my journey and for walking with me in my times of struggle and in my times of joy.  I am so grateful for you and for the blessing you've been to me!  Please believe me when I say that this internship would not have been possible without your help!  I'm glad that you had a part in God's work here :)  I can't thank you enough!

I hope to write you an adequate summary of some of the things I've learned...but I will need your patience because I am still in that state of "Wow, did this really happen?"  ...Perhaps I should continue to blog through my senior year.  It might be neat to see how things play out.  I'll let you know if I come to a decision.  Haha, blogging seems to be the new "thing" to do.

Right now, all I can see are the next couple of days ahead.  It seems that life won't pause for me.

I will be giving an oral presentation to the church leaders tomorrow and saying many goodbyes.  My flight takes off out of Manila at 9pm (So...Sunday 9am EST) and I'll be back home in Orlando by 12:30pm EST Monday (Tuesday 12:30AM - Philippines).  Yay!

By Thursday morning I'll be on my way back to Covenant (with thee other RAs:  two fellow cdv interns) for RA training and things just keep rolling onward from there.


Please pray for...
-Safe travels
-No luggage/other traveling issues
-Productive processing time and rest on the plane
-Good time of sharing and quality time with my family (I only have two days with them :(...)...that God would multiple that time
-Safe travels back to school
-That God would continue to prepare me for this upcoming year of being a student and being an RA and being a daughter and a sister and a friend and whatever other roles He gives me


Ending thoughts (for now...)
-I have LOVED the Philippines
-I have learned a lot about my weaknesses
-I have learned a lot about God's control and his power and greatness

When the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with you above the storm.  Father, you are king over the flood; I will be still--know you are God.  ~"Still" Hillsong United

1 comment:

  1. Praying that you will take some more time to reflect on your Philippine experience, even amidst the busyness of RA-ing!

    ReplyDelete